The Big Kix Morning Show was put together by YOU!!!
Depending on who you talk to.....Jake or Woody, their opinions of who won what is still up for debate. It was the spring of 2002 when change hit The Big Kix Morning Show...and the powers that be decided to cash in on the huge popularity of "reality TV" and created the Big Kix Morning Star Search. A system that would allow the PEOPLE of North West Arkansas to choose the partner they wanted !! It had never been done before....and has never been duplicated since!
Demo tapes filled the mail boxes of Kix 104 as people from all across the nation wanted a chance to audition for the opportunity to wake up North West Arkansas....over 140 demos in all ranging from those that had never been in radio to the veterans that wanted to be a part of a "Heritage Station". Out of those 140+ demos six people were chosen and given an opportunity of a life time. Over the course of six weeks.....one by one the contestants tried to impress the judges and when it was all said and done....Allen Woody from Iowa had won the GRAND PRIZE....a partner named Jake!!
That has been many years ago...and they have yet agree on anything but the following:
1. Our listeners are THE GREATEST !
2. If you are looking to have a positive affect with a donation of ANY type....help us out with the Children of St. Jude. The St Jude Childrens Research Hospital is a one-of-a-kind facility that has far reaching positive influences all across the world.....it is an opportunity to feel good all over when you give!
My name is Susan Jean and I own Painting With A Twist in Fayetteville. If you have not heard of us we are "A Little Bit of Paint, A Little Bit of Wine, and A Whole Lot of Fun". On February 24th, I am having a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Last year on February 15th, my Dad died of stomach cancer. I opened my business in November 2011 and that same month they gave him 1 week to live. He made it 10 weeks, fighting the cancer all the way. This is honor him and to raise money for a cause that effects everyone. At our parties we paint, sing, dance, and oh yeah some times we hula hoop.
We love the fact that he took his cap off to do the National Anthem, so we take our hats off to you Zac Brown!
Top 10 little differences new Boss Hog Bret Bielema will notice in now that he is in Arkansas!
10. The high temperature in Madison Wisconsin today is 35, the High temp here in the home of the Hogs is 65!
9. Mountains.......Northwest Arkansas has some!
8. Cornfields.......Northwest Arkansas Has None!
7. In Arkansas there is no such thing as ice fishing, and anyone that offers to take you is not your friend!
6. The Sun........In the winter time Arkansas has one.
5. Instead of getting automatic conference wins from Illinois, and Indiana you will now get them from Kentucky and Ole Miss.
4. Instead of all of the teams family and friends coming to watch the spring game, you will see 50,000 screaming Hog wild fans at the spring game!
3. A national Championship......At Arkansas you can win one!
2. If you have your very pretty wife on the back of your Motorcycle people will stare at you even though your completely legit.
1. Instead of raising Hogs, here we call em! Woooooooo Pig Sooie! Razorbacks!
Big Michael Kaufman went to Branson last weekend! Heres the Picture he doesnt want you to see!
By the way....He is the big guy in the front!
George Strait has announced his plans for his final two-year tour, but he will continue to record and is not ruling out special performances after The Cowboy Rides Away tour ends in 2014. He made the announcement Wednesday (Sept. 26) during a press conference at the
Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville.
"It's been a hard decision for me to make, but as far as the touring goes, I've decided that I'm
not going to tour anymore after these next two years," Strait said. "And don't
think I'm retiring, because I'm not. I'm still going to make records. ... I'm gonna write.
"And after two years, when I've quit touring, if a special event happens to come up somewhere that I want to do, by all means, I'm gonna do it. So I'm not saying that after the tour is over, it's going to be the last time I'm ever going to be onstage singing with my band. I hope I still have a lot of those left in me. But as far as a structured tour goes, after the last
date in 2014, that's gonna be it for the touring."
Strait, who celebrated his 60th birthday in May, plans to begin work on a new album in Nashville in October.
Martina McBride will be the special guest during the tour that begins Jan. 18 in
Concert tickets will be made available to members of
Strait's fan club on Oct. 9. Tickets to the general public go on sale Oct.
Here's the initial list of tour dates:
Jan. 18: Lubbock, Texas
Jan. 19: Oklahoma City
Jan. 25: Salt Lake City
Jan. 26: Nampa, Idaho
Jan. 31: Sacramento, Calif.
Feb. 1: Fresno, Calif.
Feb. 2: Las Vegas
Feb. 15: St. Paul, Minn.
Feb. 16: Grand Forks, N.D
Feb. 22: Buffalo, N.Y.
Feb. 23: Hartford, Conn.
March 1: Knoxville, Tenn.
March 2: Lexington, Ky.
March 17: Houston
March 22: Greenville, S.C.
March 23: Greensboro, N.C.
April 5: Albuquerque, N.M.
April 6: Las Cruces, N.M.
April 12: North Little Rock, Ark.
April 13: New Orleans
June 1: San Antonio, Texas
People falling down is funny! Tv reporters falling down is REALLY funny!
Check this out!